The Director of Growth works closely with the VP of Content to explore new products that offer revenue growth opportunities for Surface Media. He or she will develop and drive new content enterprises at the discretion of the VP of Content and work closely with commercial partners to develop growth initiatives.
- Identify and explore new digital platforms Surface Media should venture into, including new video, podcast opportunities.
- Analyze the competitive landscape and create a business plan that capitalizes on the brand’s strengths.
- Consult closely with the VP of Content, content and commercial teams to develop and execute the business plan.
- Communicate and coordinate with top Surface Media editors to ensure the right content is being developed for these new platforms and ventures.
- Assess and create strategy for best practices for social media and track them against chief competitors.
- Track success and keep top editors and corporate departments abreast of company priorities and initiatives.
- Inspire our team and our journalists to produce their best work on all platforms.
- Contribute by attitude, example and encouragement to a culture of creativity, enthusiasm, motivation, ownership and professionalism.
- Manage, motivate and develop staff to consistently produce high-quality work.
- Set agenda and make and articulate clear decisions.
- Contribute to the shaping and management of staff-development programs.
- Work with our lead developer to create and perfect product launch and maintenance, from beginning to end.
- Help build the content strategy and production team
- Business acumen and experience launching a journalistic enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (journalism, art history, design, architecture, or related field a plus).
- 5+ years print experience.
- 3+ years digital media or digital content strategy experience
- Extensive understanding of digital media, digital journalism, and related consumer and media technologies.