Surface Media is looking for an associate web producer with 2-3 years of CMS experience and a passion for design and art journalism to assist in original content creation and content programming and management across the company’s digital vertical initiative. The ideal candidate is independent, driven, enthusiastic, and an excellent writer who is equally comfortable covering and/or identifying and posting the latest design, art, fashion, travel destination, lifestyle stories or videos while also expertly navigating the backend of a robust CMS system.
- Collaborate with the content team to program 15+ stories per day across brand home pages, newsletters and microsites.
- Write 4-5+ newsy/trending/viral articles daily.
- Produce 4+ photo galleries weekly.
- Assist with social platform management, video interviews, syndications and newsletter production as needed.
- Monitor performance and generate insights to improve engagement across web and social.
- Help define the editorial process by proactively identifying areas for improvement.
- Data-driven, with the ability to translate content performance into clear and actionable insights.
- Flexible and love to roll up your sleeves and work on a range of topics and assignments in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts.
- Scrappy and fast-paced with strong attention to detail.
- Communicative and able to successfully work with colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Design obsessed, with a voracious interest in design, architecture, art, fashion and culture.
Experience: At least 2-3 years digital editorial experience working for a news and/or lifestyle media outlet or brand content engine.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities: Fluent in writing for digital and social. Knowledge of custom CMS, Google News/Trends/Analytics a plus.