FMG is seeking an engaged Corporate Controller to oversee the Corporate Accounting and Reporting team and to lead a service-oriented department to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial statements are presented to management; all financial and cash forecasts are maintained and include considerations of all relevant operational information; annual audit and tax filings are completed on time; and the team is managed and organized to execute in a growing fast-paced environment. This person will oversee other accounting staff and provide guidance, and will report directly to the CFO. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Controller Base Functions
- Prepare, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, financial analyses and any other ad hoc reports requested by CFO or executive management
- Responsible for all General Accounting and the financial statement close process.
- Manage Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable functions
- Manage Treasury related activities (i.e. cash management)
- Track and pursue subsequent cycle monetization opportunities
- Prepare schedules and analyses for quarterly financial statements, year-end audits and tax compliance reporting.
- Oversee internal and external audits, including working in conjunction with external auditors on an as needed basis
- Prepare account analyses, reconciliations, roll-forwards, and ad hoc analyses.
- Suggest and continually execute on improvements to the financial team’s framework and processes
- Foster and maintain a culture of empowered financial team members
- Multitask, with a focus on being able to prioritize tasks in the best interest of the company
Financial Planning and Analysis Base Functions
- Work with CFO and management team to build the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Build and track forward looking cash flow projections
- Drive the annual budget and reforecast process engaging with budget stakeholders and modifying quarterly reforecasts as a result.
- Work with CFO to build Business Intelligence determining KPI’s at the corporate and departmental level. Create auto generated Dashboards through the system that are timely to support knowledgebase of budget stakeholders.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or Business Administration with an Accounting focus or an equivalent major.
- 10+ yrs. Controller/Accounting experience with a 3+ yrs. managing others.
- 3-5 yrs. Media experience, Digital and Publishing strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience using travel, expense management and reporting software applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team. Ability to think critically and analytically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as Quickbooks (Super-user).
- Familiarity with, MS Dynamics and or NetSuite a plus.[RM1]
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to interact effectively with different personalities and work styles across divisions.
- Ability to perform expert level calculations and analyses using Excel and/or other business analytics software.
- Candidates who possess that ability to prepare integrated financial statement forecasts, Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow, will be strongly considered.