Overview: Future Media Group is a content-first, multi-channel media company that owns and operates the brands W magazine, Surface, and Watch Journal.
- Produce talent, art, design, architecture, travel features for print, web and video.
- Collaborate with Surface editors and Art Director on maintaining Surface’s vision across all print and digital features, video, and social platforms.
- Procure visual and audio assets for social platforms.
- Work with photographers, photo agencies, and vendors to create and adhere to budgets for photoshoots. Work with the accounting department to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Pitch and commission new photography and video talent.
- Collaborate with Surface editors on features and shoot execution.
- Liaise with the Accounting and Rights/Permissions departments for payment and contracts.
- Liaise with Digital team on video and online collaboration.
- Conduct image research and pick up needs for stories.
- Distribute editorial shoot calendars.
- 4+ years’ experience in photo and video editing
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management and web design best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.