About Future Media Group
Future Media Group is a company of thinkers, strategists, curators, and creators sharing technology, intelligence, talent, and experience to create best-in-class content covering the worlds of luxury, style, culture, and design. Founded in 2019, and born out of Surface Media, Future Media Group is the home of three award-winning publications -- Surface, W, and Watch Journal and is committed to quality, curation, exclusivity, taste, and access across its print, digital, social, and experiential platforms. Based in NYC, with offices in Paris and Milan, Future Media Group speaks to a niche, highly-affluent consumer and is devoted to creating powerful partnerships through collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
The Digital Account Director role reports to the SVP of Digital Revenue and is part of the Future Media Group’s digital team. This person should have deep relationships with brands and agencies focused on the luxury, fashion, design, and accessories categories as well as with brands non-endemic to these categories. The right candidate will have in-depth knowledge of selling in programmatic, audience, social and video environments. This role will have a digital-only sales goal as well as a sales goal that has to be achieved by supporting the cross-channel integrated sales team on campaigns that include digital.
- Prospect and close digital business with a targeted list of agency and advertiser accounts.
- Work with the cross-channel integrated sales team as the digital subject matter expert on campaigns that include digital.
- This role requires experience selling programmatic, video, display, and social advertising. It’s a plus if you know how to sell in the podcast and newsletter environments.
- Comfortable not only carrying a revenue number but also meeting and exceeding your targets.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure a united vision when corresponding with clients.
- Represent Future Media Group in the digital marketplace and become an active brand advocate.
- Attend industry conferences and events to attract new business.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Account Management, Sales Planning, and Revenue Operations to ensure client campaign expectations are clear, on time, and on budget.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction to generate renewals and increase incremental revenue at all times.
- 5+ years of digital media sales experience is required in programmatic, video, social, and direct-sold display. it’s a plus if the candidate has sold podcasts, newsletters, and e-commerce/affiliate.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Driven, passionate, and an ultimate team player.
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Deep relationships with VP level and above contacts at top-tier agencies and brands in the luxury, fashion, design. and accessories categories, as well as with brands non-endemic to these categories.
- Desire to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced start up environment.