About Future Media Group
Future Media Group is a company of thinkers, strategists, curators, and creators sharing technology, intelligence, talent, and experience to create best-in-class content covering the worlds of luxury, style, culture, and design. Founded in 2019, and born out of Surface Media, Future Media Group is the home of three award-winning publications -- Surface, W, and Watch Journal and is committed to quality, curation, exclusivity, taste, and access across its print, digital, social, and experiential platforms. Based in NYC, with offices in Paris and Milan, Future Media Group speaks to a niche, highly-affluent consumer and is devoted to creating powerful partnerships through collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
The Director of Social Media is a critical member of the Audience Development team and will be responsible for the social media strategy across FMG’s brand portfolio, managing a team of brand strategists that conceptualize, create and post content across various social platforms on a daily basis. This role will oversee the social content schedule and production across brands and regularly report on social strategy, analytics/measurement, trends and audience growth. This is a highly visible role that reports to FMG’s Head of Audience Development.
- Partner cross-functionally to promote social efforts across channels (on site, email) and departments (sales, marketing, events).
- Research and keep up to date on social media trends, tactics and competition.
- Strategize ways in which the FMG brands can increase brand awareness, optimize engagement and continually grow a targeted following on social media.
- Help with sales programs online/creation of social programs.
- Proven experience in managing paid social campaigns and “dark social” content.
- Generate schedules for all social media campaigns, strategize and present ways to improve campaigns along the way, and report to staff about their success.
- Promote FMG’s signature events, media-sponsored events, and other marketing initiatives across all social media platforms.
- Analyze and report social media analytics to editorial, digital, and marketing teams to inform decision making and determine best practices.
- Ensure social content across FMG brands is always timely and updated daily, pitch in with updates and posting when necessary.
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience within media/digital publishing within an in-house or agency setting.
- Proficient use of all social media platforms including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Strong relationships with social media platforms.
- Strong creative skills across writing, photography, and video.
- Knowledge of analytics, tracking, and social media monitoring, management and listening tools.
- Experience working across a portfolio of editorial brands.
- Data-driven with a keen understanding of both what drives consumer engagement and platform algorithms.
- Desire to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced start-up environment.
- Hands-on, resourceful and solutions-oriented with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Impeccable communications and interpersonal skills, able to build bridges across departments, influence, train and collaborate with colleagues.