About Future Media Group
Future Media Group is a company of thinkers, strategists, curators, and creators sharing technology, intelligence, talent, and experience to create best-in-class content covering the worlds of luxury, style, culture, and design. Founded in 2019, and born out of Surface Media, Future Media Group is the home of three award-winning publications -- Surface, W, and Watch Journal and is committed to quality, curation, exclusivity, taste, and access across its print, digital, social, and experiential platforms. Based in NYC, with offices in Paris and Milan, Future Media Group speaks to a niche, highly-affluent consumer and is devoted to creating powerful partnerships through collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
The Vice President of Audience Development will play a key leadership role within FMG’s digital team developing and executing a strategy for audience growth across FMG’s digital properties. They will manage, grow and lead the audience development team while also building relationships with distribution partners, and working with FMG’s digital editors to ensure we're writing about the right things and developing strategies to grow our loyal and engaged audiences and brand. Monitor audience growth strategies across the digital publishing industry and ensure FMG is executing on best-in-class tactics.
The audience development team's work will include (posting to social media), growing social accounts, giving editorial SEO advice, content and event planning, and audience analytics. You'll lead them in ensuring they surpass all of FMG’s traffic targets with a mix of your own creative thinking, ambition, and hands-on work. Reports to FMG’s Chief Digital Officer.
- Analytics: Oversee analytics (GA, Parse.ly, native social analytics, etc.) with a focus on audience data and dynamics across brands to inform editorial strategy, and work with editors to implement said strategies. Identify KPIs across growth channels.
- Content Strategy: Work in partnership with editors-in-chief of W Magazine, SURFACE and Watch Journal to drive brand and user growth.
- Social Media: Manage a team of social media editors/coordinators/managers overseeing Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn (plus other referral channels like Flipboard and Mix) to build social media into a key audience growth channel.
- Email/Newsletter: Oversee current email marketing strategy and performance, identify new opportunities.
- Partnerships & Outreach: Develop deals and maintain relationships with social and digital influencers, publishers, and platforms to drive additional content distribution and audience growth.
- SEO: In-depth technical and content SEO knowledge, overseeing SEO strategy driving organic user growth.
- Paid Marketing: based on traffic requirements to boost a campaign of hit campaign metrics, paid marketing tactics will be deployed and managed by the Audience Development team.
- Revenue: Work with the sales team to maximize revenue opportunities in a manner that best serves the FMG audience. Strategize plans for audience growth that leverage our authority and grow our revenue.
- At least 10+ years of experience within media/digital publishing as a leader in editorial growth, strategy, and operations.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital content, SEO, email marketing and social.
- Equally interested in strategic data analysis and premium editorial quality.
- Proven track record of driving growth through organic channels, partnerships and non-traditional tactics.
- Experience working across a portfolio of editorial brands.
- Desire to work in an ever changing and fast paced start-up environment.
- Hands on, resourceful and solutions-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, able to build bridges across departments, influence, train and collaborate with colleagues.
FMG, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.