About Future Media Group
Future Media Group, is a company of thinkers, strategists, curators, and creators sharing technology, intelligence, talent, and experience to create best-in-class content covering the worlds of luxury, style, culture, and design. Founded in 2019, and born out of Surface Media, Future Media Group is the home of three award-winning publications -- Surface, W and Watch Journal and is committed to quality, curation, exclusivity, taste and access across its print, digital, social and experiential platform. Based in NYC with offices in Paris and Milan, Future Media Group speaks to a niche, highly-affluent consumer and is devoted to creating powerful partnerships through collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
The Web Development Assistant is responsible for assisting with the design, functionality, management, accessibility, navigation, search engine relevance, and overall usability of FMG’s web properties and web applications. This role represents significant opportunity for learning and growth since it involves direct and daily collaboration with FMG’s team of web content specialists, software developers, ad tech engineers and external vendors. This position may require some day-to-day interaction with other members of the FMG team, in order to provide basic IT assistance and coordination with our managed IT services company as needed.
Future Media Group continues to develop proprietary, best-in-class web applications and content/data analytics solutions (such as FMG’s Wyatt ERP solution) that ensure the organization can efficiently produce relevant, sought-after content for distribution across all of its digital platforms. The Web Development Assistant will have the opportunity to participate in the design, management and development of FMG’s web tech, ensuring that the position will provide challenging and rewarding learning opportunities.
While the following responsibilities exist for the Web Development Assistant, it is important to note they will be guided and supported by more senior team members who will responsible for mentoring and training the WDA as needed.
- Meet with non-technical team members to develop strategies and help translate their functional/business requirements into web-based solutions that support the overall mission and vision for FMG’s digital properties.
- Act as a liaison for New York-based team members and FMG’s remote team in Florida to ensure accurate communication of project requirements and tasks.
- Edit, manage and maintain web sites and web applications that support unit initiatives.
- Provide input on projects, workflows and vendor service agreements in order to analyze priorities and problems and evaluate their impact on services, budgets and timelines.
- Assist in the development of web standards and guidelines for style, content and code through 1) research of current web trends 2) usability testing of clients 3) surveys of team members and content managers 4) administrative feedback and benchmarks and 5) relevant laws (e.g. 508 compliance and copyright).
- Maintain and support effective working relationships between team members and existing IT service providers; identify new and ongoing business needs.
- Monitor and analyze web-related statistics: identify trends in the nature, frequency, and types of services requested, and use this data to continually improve content and quality of services.
- Provide assistance implement appropriate security measures to safeguard data and restrict access appropriately.
- Audit web sites and applications to ensure that standards are met, security measures are in place and determine/address the impact of new requirements and programming changes required.
- Design, develop, test and maintain web applications (e.g. data modeling, coding, integration, testing, debugging, maintenance, documentation code libraries and reporting).
- At least 2 years of experience within a professional environment managing web sites and/or web applications. WordPress experience is required.
- Understanding of digital content, SEO, email marketing and social.
- Basic understanding or desire to learn PHP development.
- BS/BA degree required.
- Desire to work in an ever-changing and fast paced start-up environment.
- Hands on, resourceful and solutions-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, able to build bridges across departments and influence, train and collaborate with colleagues.
FMG, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.