About Future Media Group
Future Media Group, is a company of thinkers, strategists, curators, and creators sharing technology, intelligence, talent, and experience to create best-in-class content covering the worlds of luxury, style, culture, and design. Founded in 2019, and born out of Surface Media, Future Media Group is the home of three award-winning publications -- Surface, W and Watch Journal and is committed to quality, curation, exclusivity, taste and access across its print, digital, social and experiential platform. Based in NYC with offices in Paris and Milan, Future Media Group speaks to a niche, highly-affluent consumer and is devoted to creating powerful partnerships through collaboration, creativity, and innovation
The Project Manager’s role works within the digital team and support an array of project across the business. This role has a heavy focus on the planning and rollout of Future Media Group’s multiple product development projects. The role includes regular day-to-day communication with Operations, Development, Sales, Finance and other groups within the company to ensure projects are hitting their due dates and training is occurring. This is an integral position within a fast-paced business. It requires a highly organized person, self-motivation, enthusiasm, resilience, flexibility and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The position also requires an analytical and logical thinker with the conviction to meet problems head-on and solve them accurately and quickly. Attention to detail is a must.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments and progress.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field
- 2+ years as a Project Manager or Program Manager
- PMO training
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies and best practices
- Extremely organized and capable of managing multiple projects without missing details and deliverables
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
FMG, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.