Future Media Group is a storytelling company that looks at the world through the lens of design. It includes the print magazines W, Surface and Watch Journal; digital platforms at wmagazine.com, surfacemag.com and watchjournal.com; a custom publishing division, Surface Studios; and a highly regarded event program including the Design Dialogues series, The Diner, and the Surface Travel Awards. Future Media is launching several new initiatives and we are looking for creative and motivated individuals to work with our growing team.
- Brainstorm, draft and write: partnership & marketing decks, event recaps (for online + print), sponsored social media posts, and more.
- Research industry trends and news relevant to client pitches and decks.
- Coordinate with local vendors for partnership/marketing and event needs.
- Assist with subscription management: communicating with subscribers, sending out issues, tracking correspondence & tasks in Recurly.
- Assist with planning and executing events, including: private dinners, parties for tentpole programs (The Diner, The Surface Travel Awards, The List, etc.) and our talk series, Design Dialogues.
- Provide direct support to the marketing & partnerships team with day-to-day needs.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments and multi-task.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow through on all aspects of responsibility.
- Proactive and resourceful attitude: willing to go above and beyond to resolve issues and improve process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets) and Keynote.
- Experience working in publishing, specifically in terms of marketing/partnerships/events.
- Familiarity with Dropbox and Recurly.