Future Media Group is a storytelling company that looks at the world through the lens of design. It includes the print magazines W, Surface and Watch Journal; digital platforms at www.wmagazine.com, surfacemag.com and watchjournal.com; a custom publishing division, Surface Studios; and a highly regarded event program including the Design Dialogues series, The Diner, and the Surface Travel Awards. Future Media is launching several new initiatives and we are looking for creative and motivated individuals to work with our growing team.
- Support the creation of creative materials for social media, website design, print, and prospective client pitches.
- Maintain visual style consistency across all design deliverables.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Audience Development teams to produce client-facing marketing assets, email campaigns, and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with in-house and freelance designers to grow our asset library.
- Participate in the print production process with the Content team to produce the summer issues of Surface and Watch Journal magazines.
- Coordinate production files, including preparing final designs for publication/production.
- Archive creative assets form more than two decades of our print publications.
- Only current students earning academic credit will be considered.
- Comfortable designing in a wide range of formats, i.e. web, mobile, social media, print.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, XD), Keynote, and other software as required.
- Detail oriented, creatively curious, able to take direction, and eager to learn about print and digital publishing processes.
- Education or relevant extracurricular or work experience in design, branding, communications, marketing, and/or related fields.
- Provide a sampling of your design work via PDF file or a link to an online portfolio.
- Practical experience with print and digital production workflows.
- Build your creative portfolio.
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals.
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings.
- Flexible schedule for students.